Update on WannaCry Ransomware Worm
How to Protect Your Practice from Attack
Guest Mike Meikle of SecureHIM. Mr. Meikle discusses the impact that this cyber-attack has had on various industries especially healthcare entities. [As of this posting, some patches have been made available to computer users; however, the WannaCry ransomware worm is not completely ‘dead’. Also, the advice in this podcast applies to other varieties of ransomware – Ed.]
This issue (14:10):
- What is ‘phishing’ and what are some examples?
- Why the WannaCry worm has been particularly devastating
- What are the next actions that medical practices should take to protect their data?
Some additional resources:
Mike Meikle, CEO of SecureHIM – contact Mike for a free first consultation
- Blog: www.mikemeikle.com
- Corporate Site: www.securehim.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 8046477022