That feels like it should be said with a German accent. But seriously, the date for registration for Medicare’s EHR incentive payment program begins on January 3, 2011. According to a report on MassDevice.com, the CMS and the ONCHIT (Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology) have announced key milestones for implementation of the incentive program’s first year:
- Jan. 3, 2011 — Registration for the Medicare EHR incentive program begins.
- Jan. 3, 2011 —States that are ready may launch their incentive programs for Medicaid providers.
- January 2011 — Some state agencies begin issuing Medicaid EHR incentive payments.
- April 2011 — Attestation for the Medicare EHR incentive program begins.
- May 2011 — Issuing of Medicare EHR incentive payments expected to begin.
- July 3, 2011 — Last day for eligible hospitals to begin their 90-day reporting period to demonstrate meaningful use for the Medicare EHR incentive program for federal FY 2011.
- Sept. 30, 2011 — Federal FY 2011 payment year ends at midnight for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs).
- Oct. 3, 2011 — Last day for eligible professionals to begin their 90-day reporting period for calendar year 2011 to demonstrate meaningful use for the Medicare EHR incentive program.
- Nov. 30, 2011 — Last day for eligible hospitals and CAHs to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for federal fiscal year 2011.
- Dec. 31, 2011 — Calendar 2011 payment year ends for eligible professionals
Jot these dates down, or bookmark that page. In addition, we will be keeping you up-to-date with these milestones in the coming months.
Please post any comments on this topic below.