An article on Becker’s Hospital Review discussed how Montefiore Medical Center was able to achieve 100% implementation of EMR and computerized physician order entry (CPOE).
Jack Wolf, Montefiore’s vice-president and CIO, lists these 6 best practices that they attribute to their success:
- Meaningful Use is not an IT project
- Physicians need to take ownership
- Educate all hospital employees, physicians and staff
- Use a diverse implementation team
- Create an optimization team
- Do not underestimate the power of system availability